First of all, let me start this post by saying that you guys fight. You fight hard; very hard. Our family is not perfect- not by any stretch. I call the way you guys act a "love/hate" relationship. One minute you are fighting like nobody's business, and the next, you can be all cuddled up singing "Kum Ba Ya." It's just crazy.
However, there are moments (that as a mommy) absolutely take my breath away. One of those moments happened a few months ago, and I just got around to taking a picture of it this past weekend.
Audrey, every time I comb your hair (and I mean every time), you scream. You have had a tender head since you were born; and you were born with a head full of hair. You actually grew your hair out several years ago for Locks of Love, and when we cut 11 inches off of it, I thought our screaming problems were over- but no. You cried even when your hair was short. Every Sunday morning is a nightmare. You get our mornings off to a bad start because styling your hair is terrible. I keep threatening to shave it so we don't have to deal with this problem anymore.
Well, a couple of months ago, you got out of the shower and came in the den and your hair was perfectly combed- no tangles, nothing. Best of all, I never heard any screaming. I asked you what had happened to your hair and, to my heart's delight, you answered, "JD combed my hair, and he was so gentle." This made me so happy. My nickname for JD is the "Gentle Giant." That's because he is so tall and he's so sweet and tender, all at the same time. Well, except for when he's arguing and fighting with his brother! I thought that was the sweetest thing I had ever heard. So from that night on, after your shower, Audrey, JD sits and combs your hair for you.
I decided to take a picture of this just so one day, when you are older, Audrey, you'll remember your brother, who loves you, combing your hair without making you scream!!
Thank you, Lord, for these sweet, tender moments that you allow us to share. As parents, we sometimes need these things after a crazy day, and you so graciously give them to us. You know what we need, exactly when we need it. May we, in return, bless your name forever! Amen!
"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches."
Proverbs 24: 3-4






sweet sweet sweet this my heart smile ...MK is the worst too can we borrow JD to comb through hers :) love you and your precious children
ReplyDeleteThis almost made me cry, how absolutely precious! Both will remember these sweet moments I pray. (I was a nightmare when combing/blow drying my hair too. I still don't like blow drying it. Heehee.)
ReplyDelete