"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise- the fruit of lips that confess His name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased." Hebrews 1: 15-16
Every year for the past six years, mom has had a cookie swap. What started off as a way to get to know people in my area, has turned into an annual tradition that many women look forward to. That's very neat for me because I love to entertain, and this party is the best one to throw. I really don't have a lot to do other than provide paper products and drinks. All of the party-goers bring the cookies.
This year, we had over 40 different types of cookies and/or bars.
We also throw in an ornament swap. For the first couple of years, the party was smaller (maybe 25 people), so we could play the white elephant game. However, over the years, it has really grown, so we do a right/left game. It's so much fun and it's set to the story "Twas the Night Before Christmas." There is also such a great variety of beautiful ornaments. Everyone really puts a lot of thought into their selections.
We also have a devotion every year. This year, Allison Startup was the speaker. She did such an incredible job.
She had the best story to tell; complete with a wonderful family picture. She's quite funny. I had always known her to be pretty quiet, but I learned a lot about Allison that night, and I was able to get to know her in a whole new light. I just LOVE her!
This year, Audrey, you were able to go with mom. Last year, Luci went for the first time. She had a basketball game this year, so the coast was clear for you to be able to go all by yourself. You were very excited!
You were the "belle of the ball." You took everyone's coats and purses as they entered the front door. You were a very hard worker that night.
One new thing we did this year was have a "cookie queen." After everyone had a chance to taste the cookies, each person was give an opportunity to vote for their favorite. Guess who won? Aunt Gwen.
She made Strawberry Cream Cheese Bars. They were delicious!
After the cookie tasting, devotion and ornament swap, all of the ladies go around and gather their cookies to take home and enjoy over the Christmas holidays.
This has become a wonderful tradition that I hope to continue for many, many years to come. Every year I say this was the best one ever. It does get better and better every year. I pray that you girls will inherit your mom's love of entertaining and enjoy coming with me to the Cookie Swap every year. One day you will be old enough to make your own cookies! Maybe you'll be the "Cookie Queen."
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19: 14






I was so thankful to be a part of this wonderful night. Kelly, thank you for keeping this GREAT tradition going and for including me...I was blessed! The cookies were delicious but my favorite part...hands down...was the devotional. Nothing like hearing words of wisdom from other ladies about how God has worked in their lives. Looking forward to next year. Love ya girl!
ReplyDelete