Monday, December 28, 2009

CHRISTmas Craft Fair

Oh, my!  It seems like forever since I've posted on our blog.  I'm so sorry, sweet kids.  The reason is that we have been so busy having such a wonderful Christmas Holiday.  We have had the opportunity to do a lot of fun things this Christmas season.  You'll have to bear with me, because I'm going to try to catch us up over the next couple of days, so there will be a lot of posts.

Every year, our co-op, CHAT, has a Christmas Craft Fair.  It's in the gym at Church at Liberty Square.  A lot of us moms get together fun Christmas crafts for you guys to make and then you are charged a small amount (just enough to cover the materials) to make the crafts.  Of course, some of them are generously donated and are free!

You guys had a really good time, and we came home with some very neat stuff!

Luci, this was you making a beautiful candle holder.



JD, you made a glittery stocking ornament for your tree!



Jacob, you painted a clay ornament for your tree.  I guess you were trying to get it to dry quicker in this picture (or maybe your were just yawning)!




Audrey, you were making a reindeer craft from a tissue paper roll.



You guys joined up and worked together on some of your crafts...






All in all, it was a very fun day.  Mimi went with us to work my booth.  That way, I was able to walk around and spend time with you guys.  I was also able to help you make some of your ornaments and other crafts.

We ended our morning with lunch at Slope's BBQ (Mimi's treat).



"... love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting anything back.  Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." 
Luke 6: 35-36

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like FUN! What wonderful scripture...can't meditate on that enough! Christs Love is loving ALL even the unlovely! Seems our relationships become less about us and more about serving HIM! Thanks for sharing...can't wait for more! ;-)

    ReplyDelete