Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mt. Airy, North Carolina

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."
Psalm 62: 1-2

Well, at the very beginning of Spring, we took an very impromptu trip to Mount Airy, North Carolina; the home of Andy Griffith.  This was so fun; especially for Mommy because I don't get out very much, and I certainly have to plan a lot.  We don't do a lot of things on the spur of the moment.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but that's the way it's been since you guys were born.  We've always been on a schedule and that has never changed.  Our routine is pretty much the same every day, and you guys know what to expect, and seem to like it that way!

Anyway, Daddy had to go for work, so he really wanted me to go, too. Since you guys like "The Andy Griffith" show so much, we decided to take a couple of you along.  Jacob and Luci, you were the lucky ones.  You were the most excited because the hotel we stayed in had an indoor pool.  We have a swimming pool in our backyard, so I'm not sure why this excited you so, but it did, and if you're happy, we're happy!

Mayberry...


It's almost as if time has stood still.  The pace of life there is so slow; even compared to Cartersville.  People were extremely friendly and almost excited that you had come to spend time there.

We had to have lunch at "Snappy Lunch."  

This is the home of the infamous "pork chop sandwich..."


On Saturdays, they had a gathering at the Downtown Theatre and everyone who had stringed instruments brought them and they just played bluegrass music.  That was very neat to see- we certainly don't see a lot of that in this day and age.


We also visited some of the Andy Griffith landmarks.  You could actually visit his old homeplace, but we ran out of time.  This was the best we could do.  It was a very short trip, but lots of fun.








"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
John 2:19

No comments:

Post a Comment