This was a weekend of firsts. We visited the Tellus Museum for the first time on Friday, Luci went on her first hunting trip, and JD auditioned for the church Christmas musical- both on Saturday morning.
First- The Tellus Museum
Don't ask me why I didn't take you before now, because I truly do not know the answer. Aunt Gwen and Uncle Doug gave us a family membership last year for Christmas, and we haven't been- until now. It was awesome! You guys had a great time. Of course, you are always up for new experiences.
I decided that we may need to talk a little bit about our Christian beliefs (Truth) vs. what you may see there that could be confusing. We went straight to God's Word for that:
Colossians 1:15-17 tells us that "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."
I also love the verses in Psalms 147 that say, "He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit. He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. He provides food for the cattle and for the young ravens when they call. His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." I love all of these verses because I am constantly in awe of God and His creation. It is so vast and we are so small and minute in the universe and cosmos; yet He chooses to work in and through us. That just astounds me and my mind cannot comprehend that truth. Please know that you are no mistake. He created you all just for daddy and me and he loves you beyond measure with His"unfailing love."
In front of the shark's mouth!
Audrey, you were very curious about everything!
J.D.- your favorite exhibit was this saber-toothed tiger. We had to go back into this part of the museum for this picture. This was on our way out!
You guys also loved the electricity and magnets display!
Luci, you are your mother's daughter- you took many pictures with your own camera!
Audrey, you really liked the "waterhose" in the Big Back Yard.
However, the TOTAL favorite of all four of you was, by far, the panning for gems and the fossil dig. You guys had a ball, and we were able to take home our gems and one fossil each.
Jacob, you worked so hard! Look at that tongue!
JD, you loved panning for gems- even more than the others!
One of the other major events of the weekend was Daddy and Luci's hunting trip! Luci, you had a great time with your dad. You got up right away- didn't even hesitate at 5:45 in the morning (and it was very cold, I might add). You couldn't wait!!
Daddy said you were such a trooper- you never complained about the cold weather, and you sat very quietly. You actually saw three deer that day, but you didn't get a chance to shoot anything. Oh, well- there's always next time. All you say now is that you want a pink shotgun for Christmas. Santa, are you listening?
Luci and Daddy

Climbing...
Climbing...
Made it... high in the tree stand!
Thank you, Lord for such wonderful, adventurous children; and for a husband that loves them more than life itself.
"Life is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun. However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all."
Ecclesiastes 11: 7-8
The last big event of our weekend was JD's audition. You decided about 6 weeks ago that you wanted to audition for the part of Joseph in "Angel Alert." Honestly, I tried to talk you out of it. I know that sounds bad, but sometimes I can't bear the thought of you being hurt or let down. Well, you wouldn't let me talk you out of it, and I'm so glad you didn't. We've worked really hard for the past few weeks, and it showed. You did such a great job! I couldn't believe my ears; one of the prettiest sounds I've ever heard coming from that room. We still don't know the outcome:
The morning of your audition
But, regardless... we are so proud of you. You did your best and that's all we can ask of you. We love you so much and know the Lord has a very special plan for you as you follow Him. I can't wait to see the end result of this beautiful vessel that He's creating for His good pleasure.
"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything..."
Ephesians 5: 19-20.
You made a beautiful noise for the Lord, and I know that he is pleased!
Climbing...
Climbing...
Made it... high in the tree stand!
Thank you, Lord for such wonderful, adventurous children; and for a husband that loves them more than life itself.
"Life is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun. However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all."
Ecclesiastes 11: 7-8
The last big event of our weekend was JD's audition. You decided about 6 weeks ago that you wanted to audition for the part of Joseph in "Angel Alert." Honestly, I tried to talk you out of it. I know that sounds bad, but sometimes I can't bear the thought of you being hurt or let down. Well, you wouldn't let me talk you out of it, and I'm so glad you didn't. We've worked really hard for the past few weeks, and it showed. You did such a great job! I couldn't believe my ears; one of the prettiest sounds I've ever heard coming from that room. We still don't know the outcome:
The morning of your audition
But, regardless... we are so proud of you. You did your best and that's all we can ask of you. We love you so much and know the Lord has a very special plan for you as you follow Him. I can't wait to see the end result of this beautiful vessel that He's creating for His good pleasure.
"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything..."
Ephesians 5: 19-20.
You made a beautiful noise for the Lord, and I know that he is pleased!






oh Kellie ...speechless really beautiful children , beautiful Godly mom, and beautiful words I know JD did awesome Ask him to sing for me one day ok? thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteKellie, as I sit here reading your blog, I am brought to tears. God has truly blessed your family beyond measure. I, too, am in awe and amazement of the wonders of God and all that He has created; I think it's wonderful that you remind your children of HIS creations prior to visiting a museum such as Tellus. Your inspiration is truly contagious - I hope to remember to do that with my children one day.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this with us. God is so good! I would love to meet your beautiful children one day!
I love how you write your blog! With beautifully appropriate verses for every occasion! What a special memory book for your kids!
ReplyDeleteI love that she wants a pink shotgun! ha ha!
Oh, we didn't get to go in the fossil dig or gem panning when we went to the Tellus... we will have to go back soon and do that..it looks fun!
Congrats JD sooo proud of you and soooo happy for you on making Joseph!!! you go ! happy for you too mommy love , Kelly
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing all of this...so inspirational! =)
ReplyDelete