Thursday, October 1, 2009


Luci and her new batbag


    Luci with cousin Larkin and Audrey



        Daddy and his girls



           One proud mom



      My sweet Luci


Luci about to do a cannonball off the diving board


JD taking a break by the pool



Jacob enjoying the "Sweet Life"



Audrey being, well..... Audrey

 What a wonderful summer we had!!  We swam a lot- something you guys never get tired of doing. The Lord has blessed us with so many friends, and you guys love to have them over to our house for swimming and lunch.  Pops and Mimi gave us Six Flags Season Passes, and boy did we use them.  We went at least two times a month over the summer.  We would grab McDonald's for breakfast on the way to the park. I always packed our lunch and we would go out to the car, sit in it, with the air conditioning on, and eat away. We even had coupons and were able to take friends with us a lot. You guys really liked when we could do that.  It makes me sad that you guys are growing up so fast, but now that everyone's a little older and well behaved, it makes it easier for me to take you guys to fun and different places.

Summer also gave us a reason to celebrate: Luci, you turned 7 years old this year.  You were so excited.  You absolutely love to play softball, and so you wouldn't have it any other way, but to have a Braves birthday.  We decided to keep it local and go to the Rome Braves.  I thought what better way to celebrate than with a tailgate party.  Well, we had fun at the tailgate party, but then the bottom fell out and it started pouring rain.  I mean really....pouring!  They ended up cancelling the game, but it worked out great because we were able to get "make-up" tickets to their last game of the year; complete with fireworks.  It was great.  All of the family came and we had a wonderful time. We are so blessed to have you in our family.  You are so beautiful- inside and out.  You remind us alot of daddy's grandmother, Lucille, your namesake.  She was a go-getter and so are you.  You love to help mommy around the house.  I don't even have to ask, you just do things.  Just like this morning. When we went down to start school, I went to turn the light off in your room, and you had made your bed.  I didn't ask you to, you just did it.  You love to spend time in the kitchen with mommy, and "pretend" cook.  You love people, however, you are the most shy of our four children.  When daddy and I found out we were having a little girl, after two boys, my heart was so full of joy.  I put you in hairbows in the hospital.  Well, that backfired, because you will not wear a hairbow now for anything in the world.  Your signature look is  your visor.  You love to wear them, and you do, often.  We love you so much and can't wait to see what plans the Lord has for your life.  Our prayer for you is that you grow up to love the Lord, and serve him with great passion and commitment. You are our little LuciBell and we love you very much.

5 comments:

  1. oh how sweet kellie...love little wuci as mk calls her :0 love your blog too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl, for being such an encouragement. You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/01/2009

    Love your summer pictures Kellie! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Bloggy World!

    I love the pictures & what you've had to say so far!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. just love it and the music is such a special touch :) especially number 1 ritchie and I LOVE that song

    ReplyDelete