Jacob, I took some really cute pictures of you this weekend, and as I was looking at them I thought that I haven't said much about you on the blog. I think that due to some things that have happened this week, I have really been praying for you, and I'm so thankful for the little boy you have become. So, I decided to do an entry that's all about you.
Where to begin. Well, you are a big boy. You were born two weeks early weighing 9 lbs., 8 oz. Mommy had you all natural with no drugs; not even an I.V. You looked a little funny when you were born (really big head, blood shot eyes, bruised forehead), but you are the most handsome little boy now.
You are so sweet and soooo smart. I'll tell a lot more about you on your birthday, but for now, let's just say that I'm so glad you're in our lives and in our family. We wouldn't be the family we are without YOU. God has a definite purpose for your life. You love to talk about the Bible, and have since you first started talking. Your day doesn't start off right unless we do our Bible study first thing; and you tend to remember more than your brother and sisters when it comes to God's Word. Who knows in what way and in what capacity the Lord will use you as His servant, but I, as your mom, can't wait to find out.
You are definitely a leader; in no way a follower. That's a hard job, but you are up for it. We often call you our "attorney" because you can argue your way out of trouble like nobody's business. That's a trait you definitely inherited from you Dad. You look just like him and you act just like him. I guess that's why I love you guys so much.
You are very fun spirited, and you love to have a good time. You can ham it up with the best of them. Everyone loves being around you; even JD, Luci and Audrey. But you definitely have a tender side. You'll often cry when JD gets into trouble. You can't stand to see him hurt. You have a very sweet heart. You tell me all the time "you're the best mom in the world." One day you asked if I get tired of you saying that and I told you that I would NEVER get tired of you saying it and that you could never say that too much.
You like to tell stories (fibs), but you always come around to telling the truth. That's what we're working on now- getting you to tell the truth the first time around. However, I'm glad that the Lord does tender your heart to your mistakes, and you're always very, very remorseful for things that you do wrong.
One last thing... You love to EAT!! Anytime, anywhere. You're always hungry. You will eat anything that I put in front of you. That's a great thing. I never worry at night that you're going to bed hungry. I don't have to worry if we go to a friends' house, because I know that you'll eat whatever they're having. You don't even have to "try" it first. You just dig in. Granna and Poppa have to buy you your own ice cream before you go over there, and you can eat it all: by yourself. Nobody else gets to have any.
You are a very special creation, and I can't wait to see what plans the Lord has for using you. You are so sweet and precious to us. Thank
you for being our son.
"A wise son brings joy to his father..."
Proverbs 10: 1






awesome...just cant wait to see what the Lord has in store for him too love the pics esp the one him making the face :)
ReplyDeleteVery sweet. i love the pictures!
ReplyDelete