Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend

We had such a great Halloween weekend!  You boys were really looking forward to Matthew's birthday party, and all of you were excited about dressing up for Halloween and the Fall Festival at church.  So, needless to say, those two things made for a great weekend.

Jacob, on Friday we went to Matthew's birthday party.  At this time in your life, you call Matthew your best, funniest friend.  You guys spent a lot of time together this summer, and we loved every minute of it. He's a great kid and a great friend.  We swam and went to Six Flags several times, and he was able to spend the night  a few times, too.  His party was at a new place to us called DACkids.  We've never been there before, but it was awesome.

It's pirate themed- with a huge sand lot and this massive wooden fort that is built off the ground with swinging bridges.  It also has these ball cannons (that's what I call them anyway) that shoot out firm, foam balls.  You had to be careful not to put someone's eyes out by shooting them when they were in close range.

Along the outside perimeter of the place, they have huge inflatables.  You all had a lot of fun on these, but the ball shooter was definitely the favorite.

Jacob and Matthew collecting balls to shoot!

J.D.- you're getting your aim just right!

Matthew and Jacob plotting out their next victim!

JD getting ready to come down the slide.

Jacob and Mason playing on the ropes!

Jacob- please be careful!

Beth, Matthew's mom; and me, your mom...

...we even had a little fun...

...and a little more fun!

Overall, it was a great party, and you all had a wonderful night!  Great place, great fun, and great friends!

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" 
 Ecclesiastes 4: 9-11



Now, for Halloween.  We had decided early on that we weren't going to do the usual, and spend a fortune on costumes.  This year, we were scaling back (I mean you only wear them a few hours anyway).  JD and Jacob decided to be hunters.  That was so cute and you already have all of the camo, from all of your hunting with daddy, so he just bought you guys some face paint and head bands, and you both were ready to go.

JD (oh, excuse me- Hunter #1)

Is this Jacob or Rambo?

What was so funny is that at the Fall Festival, I would be looking around for you guys and if you weren't standing together, I couldn't tell who was who.  You guys looked so much alike with your faces painted and wearing the same, matching clothes.  It was so funny to me that I couldn't  tell you apart.

Now, getting you girls dressed up wasn't quite as easy.  Of course, you're girls, and it's a totally different ballgame.  First of all, Luci wanted to be a cheerleader.  That was great!  Audrey, you wanted to be a fairy.  So we bought you a purple skirt and some wings, and you were set.  We found a cheerleader outfit for you, Luci, but we were in a hurry, so we decided to wait until we had more time and could really look.  Well, when we went back to get your costume, guess what- they were sold out; couldn't find one anywhere.  I went nuts and didn't know what I was going to do.  Well,  a friend of ours, Kelly, had this beautiful fairy costume that someone had given her and it still had the tags attached.  And, it was too big for her daughter, so she asked if you would like to borrow it.  I wasn't sure because fairies aren't really your thing.  But you saw it, and immediately fell in love with it.  Case closed- or so I thought.  About this time, Audrey you decided that you wanted to be a cheerleader.  So, on Friday night, after Matthew's birthday party, I'm out looking for a cheerleader costume.  Thank the Lord, just in the knick of time, I found one.  Both of you girls loved your costumes, and they looked so cute!

Luci as a fairy, complete with pink, sparkly shoes!

Audrey, you're the cutest cheerleader I've ever seen!

The Paige Pack

Ok- I hope you remember my earlier post about the Fall Festival at church.  I just knew it would rain and we wouldn't be able to go.  Well, it DID rain, they DID cancel all of the inflatables (our favorite part), and the show DID go on-  they had all of the food and the indoor games.  We went and you all had a great time- even with hundreds of people crammed into the Fellowship Hall.

Audrey, this first thing you wanted to do was have your face painted.  You ended up choosing three balloons- pink, blue and yellow.

Very pretty!!

JD and Reilly- both in their camouflage!

Jacob playing with the large, flying discs!

JD playing the hoola hoop game!

Audrey tossing the pink ball into the rings in a tub of water.

Luci playing the same game- tossing balls into the water!  Fun! Fun!

Luci, Audrey and Audrey

Audrey and Isabel

Okay, now I have to add this in, because it is in true Luci fashion.  We were getting ready to leave the festival and we were getting all of you rounded up.  Well, Luci, I couldn't find you.  We looked for a few minutes and guess where you were?  You were "working" the bowling game.  That made me laugh so hard.  The adults that were supposed to be "manning" the booth were just standing there watching you.  The kids would throw the bowling ball, knock over pins, and then you'd set the pins back up and give the ball to the next player.  I just thought that was so you!  You will work and assert yourself everywhere you go.  I couldn't help but capture a few pictures of it!

Here you are picking up the balls...

...and setting up the pins!  Too funny!

All in all, we had a really good time at the Fall Festival.

After all of that excitement, we decided to go eat lunch and then go to the movies.  We went to Panda Express for lunch.  While there, you guys decided that you didn't want to go to the movies after all, but wanted to go by Blockbuster and rent games for the Wii.  Well, that was fine with us (and much cheaper), so that's what we did.  It was a great day and you guys had so much fun!  Happy Halloween!

"You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down.  Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it; I the Lord, have created it."
Isaiah 45:8

Getting ready to eat lunch!

Lord, let your salvation rain down on our family.
Our prayer has been, since you were in the womb, that you all would come to know the Lord at an early age.  Well, you do know all about Him- you've heard about Him all of your life.  Now, our prayer is that salvation and righteousness will enter each of your hearts very, very soon.  I love you!!










2 comments:

  1. sounds like an awesome time and great photos too so glad Luci loved being a fairy...they were all too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the biggest smile on my face everytime i read this blog! Good times!

    ReplyDelete