Sunday, November 8, 2009

New Dresses from Pops (& Mimi)

You girls MADE me post this on the blog!  Last week on our way home from church, we noticed a lady on the side of the road in White, Ga. that had these little dresses hanging outside for sale.  Daddy even noticed them and said how cute they were.
Well, we went on home.  About an hour later, the phone rang and it was Mimi.  She asked if I had seen the dresses, and I said yes, but we decided to come on home.  Well, not Pops.  He stopped and bought you guys a dress.  Mimi said Pops saw them and turned the car around to go back and get them.
You wouldn't have it but for me to take your picture and put it on the blog.  You wore them to church this morning.  So, here goes...



Luci, yours is a pink background with brown paisley designs.  At the top, there's a brown background with pink polka dots.  Very cute!



Audrey, yours is all Strawberry Shortcake.  It's a teal background with pink designs.  It's also reversible! We love that!

Thank you, Pops (and Mimi)!
The seamstress was supposed to have Christmas designs out today, but we didn't see anything.  We'll keep our eyes open!

Since this is Sunday, I thought I'd post some verses that we talked about in Sunday School this morning.  This wasn't our lesson (we were in Psalm 1), but somehow we ended up here!  I love this passage of scripture in Joshua:

"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.  Then you will be prospersous and successful.  Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." 
Joshua 1: 8-9

Please, Lord, help my little girls be strong and courageous- especially in the way of modesty.  Let me set the example before them so they will have no question of what is and isn't appropriate.  Help them to see that their bodies are the Lord's temple and His dwelling place.  Please help me to encourage them in this area and to help remind them that you are with them everywhere they go.  I pray that they would be beautiful, Godly representations of You!

I love you, my sweet angels!






2 comments:

  1. oh kellie the girls look so beautiful in their new dresses love it ! Have a great night

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the girls dresses Sunday...they looked really sweet. The white shirt underneath looks GREAT! You WILL set a great example for them Kellie. You always look beautiful...classy and tasteful!

    ReplyDelete