Saturday, November 21, 2009

"Kings, Dreams and Schemes"

This year at CHAT, a musical class was offered for second through eighth graders.  That meant that Luci, Jacob and JD were all able to participate.  The musical chosen was called "Kings, Dreams and Schemes" and was based upon the book of Daniel, chapters 1-6.  It was such a special night, and everyone did an amazing job.


This was the musical class...



This song was about Daniel being thrown into the Lion's Den...



This is you guys playing with your lion's masks...

Jacob, JD, and Luci


JD, Stephen and Ethan after the show...



After the performance, we all went to eat dinner with Granna, Poppa, Pops and Mimi.  That was a lot of fun (for us, anyway)...



Audrey, I took your picture because you looked so pretty and I didn't want you to feel left out... You weren't quite old enough for the musical class this time.  Maybe in a couple more years...


"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.
He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.
I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers; 
You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you."
Daniel 2: 20-23


You guys did so great!  Daddy and I couldn't have been more proud of you all!  It wasn't a fancy production, but that made it all the more sweet!  What mattered most was that the Lord was honored and glorified.  I'm sure he had a great, big smile on His face the entire time!


No comments:

Post a Comment